網頁

2010年8月10日

Nicholas K



New York has many ways to make you feel poor. Beautiful clothes being one of them.

Among my many dateless weekends in nyc, a lot them were spent in wandering the NOHO and SOHO neighborhood. People were extremely well-dressed and I, despite being a proud Californian, constantly felt out of place. It was a kind of emotion that resembled both disgust and admiration. So there I was, in a store called "Atrium", encountered some pieces of clothing that embolden my fashion sense and that I had no doubt would elate my confidence wearing them. Sold in the heart of the fashion capital of the country, they were of course priced out of my financial league even after discount. Being a discipline shopper, I fought off the idea of bringing them home on the spot thinking that, hold off, there might be better deals online. To my disappointment, this is not a well circulated label and the selection was limited on the internet as well. Obsessed nevertheless, I went back to "Atrium" whenever I was in the neighborhood and underwent the same internal battle every time.

Nicholas K was the name. 

It is a company founded in 2003 by brother and sister team Nicholas and Christopher Kunz. Its women collection conveyed a sense of subdue urban toughness and an almost uncalculated coolness. With all that said above, I am yet to own any clothes from them and can only adore them through the catalog. But one day, I promise, I shall wear them to the lecture hall - as the instructor.

沒有留言:

發佈留言